Thursday 31 October 2013

Cards Today....

                                                                   From IndigoBlu Stamps.
Hi, happy halloween! for those of you who take part in all things pumkin and ghoulie. Some years I feel more in the mood than others but this year I'm really not getting in the spirit. So have fun if you are.
Today I'm showing you two of the cards from my IB display from my demo at the weekend. This one above uses the Floral Swirl Stamp and the Antique Songbird Stamp. I've used Distress Inks to colour the card and also the sticky labels that I've stamped the image onto.
I can't tell you how many people asked me about this card. It seems not many had ever done this technique before. I however how been stamping onto labels for quite some years.
When you have coloured the labels stamp your design. Make sure all inks are dry before you lift them off and position them onto black card. If you don't press them down too hard you will be able to lift them again if they are not straight.
It won't matter how big the gaps are on the label sheet because you can place them however close you want. You can cut the black card to size first or trim to fit afterwards. It's up to you.

 Failed miserably with the photography on this card. Thought I would mention that before Mrs G picks me up on it!!! She is going to have to be my personal photography tutor. Anyway back to the card. It can look really effective to make a feature out of a section of a stamp. I've used the IB Wild Flowers Stamp on this one. Again coloured the background first with Distress Inks and stamped after, then added a bit of colour to the poppies. I've used a bit of mountboard for the panel, just because it is firm and makes a good panel.
Have to say this stamp was the first sellout of the day, but I'm not surprised as it was very popular when I used it to decorate a candle. Have you done that technique I wonder????? Do I see a quick tutorial coming on........

25 comments:

  1. What lovely cards.....the design, images & colours are all fab....great stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. two lovely cards, but the poppy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous. Love all of the design detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards, but my favourite is the poppy one!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poppies get you all every time girls. I could design poppy cards for every demo and class and they would always sell like hot cakes.
    I thought you would like the other one more???

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both beautiful but I especially like the first one that is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Pauline, super designs, I love both but the poppies just a tad more. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Pauline these are stunning! I do love the first one and the poppies are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just totally gorgeous. love the colours and the lovely designs on them both.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  10. not often I am stumped for words, but these cards are truly stunning ... I have the poppy stamp but not used it as yet .... shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again thank you deb, you never fail me with your comments. I have missed you :0((
      P xx

      Delete
  11. stunning cards . love how you have done the poppy card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards, Pauline - love the top one, such gorgeous colours.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pauline beautiful cards. You know I think I have heard of the technique of stamping on labels but certainly never tried it. Mmmmm the old cogs are turning!!!! wonder how this would work with masks? Thank you for sharing. Truly inspiring.

    Kay
    CBN DTx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh you've got me thinking now!! How about masks and texture paste!! I feel another crafty session coming on Kay
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love both cards sweetie, I used to stamp on labels/tabs but haven't done it for a long long time, I used to print onto labels too, its a fantastic technique and you have done it well here, hugs, V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards, yes to the candle tutorial please x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ps. What kind of labels do you use? Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, you can use any of the sticky price labels, printer labels, any you can find. Try buying them from stores like Wilkinsons, home bargains, and the pound shops as they are cheaper than a stationers usually.
      Pick any size but look at the stamp design and work out wether the image needs to be on larger or smaller labels.

      Delete
  19. Two fabulous projects. What a brilliant idea to stamp onto labels

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello!! I'm #57! Great blog!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome Darcy, glad to have you here
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these cards and you are so right there is something about poppies.
    Stunning cards, am now a follower x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I love reading your comments and appreciate them all.