Sunday 3 August 2014

Playtime With.........

New Crafty Stash!!

Why is it when your waiting for  a crafty stash parcel to arrive it will always be delivered when you're not at home? And then it's a journey to the PO Sorting Office to retrieve it.
Well I now have the said parcel and couldn't wait to open it and get started on a little bit of me playtime.
Not a DT project, not a commission just plain old me time.
So what was in this much coveted parcel, I can hear you asking. It was my brand spanking new set of........ TAH DAH.......

                        BRUSHO CRYSTALS and I was sooooo pleased with my very first sample that I chose to make a little project with it.

It's a notebook, I love making notebooks, or should I say covering and decorating notebooks, and I've used Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stamps to decorate it. I started with a sheet of watercolour paper and sprayed it lightly with quite warm water. I've pierced three tiny holes in the centre of my pots with a pokey tool so when I shake out the crystals they come out very finely. In fact so fine you can hardly see them but believe me they are there.
I shook a few colours out and then sprayed with water again.  I added more  crystals and water till I was happy with the effect and drying with a heat gun every time.

When the paper was dry I coated it with a layer of multi medium to seal the colour in and dried it off. I then covered the notebook with the paper.
The stamping came next, I didn't do it first as I wanted to be sure where the designs would be.
A little metal work finished it off.
This is the back view.....


If you've not tried Brusho Crystals yet you need to put them on your wish list, trust me!! Oh and they're not paint they're inks

I'm off to catch up on all the housework I've neglected this week so I can then play with me Brusho's guilt free.

Oh and finally is anyone doing the workshops at the Great British Craft Festival at Stoneleigh next weekend?? If so come and say hi to me. I'll be there assisting in the workshops.
have a good week guys xx

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, love the background and gorgeous design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab fab fabbetty fab... I not seen the Brusho's before, think I living under that rock again... methinks I neeeeds some!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda and Hels you been napping again??

      Delete
  3. Ohh this Looks brilliant :) should dig mine out n join in the new revival lol x

    I wasn't following you .... How rude lol I am now ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's lovely to have you here thanks
      P xx

      Delete
  4. Love this Pauline those colours looking great xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous......want, want, want! Love your design.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant xxx they are fun aren't they... I didn't know it was ink!!! Learn something new every day Px

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous make, Pauline, love all the colours here, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that looks fabulous , will have to see where I can get them from xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pauline I adore Brusho - this is delicious hun love it and thanks so much for your fabulous class at Preston - just back from my break hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I love reading your comments and appreciate them all.